If a practice wants to be able to record that a patient has declined to have a CVD risk assessment, this can be recognised in Patient Dashboard but is typically not implemented as part of the routine install (as PHOs generally discourage having the ability to record a declination for CVD Risk).
To set this up correctly, complete the following steps in order.
- Make sure that the screening term being used to record CVD risk (e.g. CVR or CVDRSK) has an outcome defined that means "Declined". (Setup → Recall/Screening → Screening Terms, open the screening term, and then the "Outcomes" tab). Add a new outcome code if one does not already exist.
- Make sure that the following concepts exist and are mapped correctly (Setup → Advanced Forms → Concept Map, Procon publisher code):
- 10.2.11.3 must be mapped to the outcome of the screening term with a concept type of "Text Value"
- 10.2.11.4 must be mapped to the outcome of the screening term with a concept type of "Observation Date.
- Run the "Patient Dasboard Customise" form and check the settings for Cardiovascular Risk:
Logout and and login to Medtech.
- Make sure that "Declined" is ticked for the outcome code used to record a declination.
- Make sure that the correct outcome code is recorded for the blue button.
Test that you can use the blue button to record a declination and that this is showing as a blue traffic light once recorded.